
It's a hotel where you can pay less than 100 bucks per night for a room in midtown, if you share a bathroom with the floor. Well, there are 4 bathrooms per floor and a panel inside each room which lights up when each one of the bathrooms are occupied. They were actually really nice bathrooms, white and clean, big slates of marble or something that looked like marble, and music played inside! The rooms are compact but they provide free wireless internet and you get a nice plasma TV. Doors are a little thin so if it happens to be noisy... sleeping may be an issue but it's a good location for a good price and I've stayed in worse places in Manhattan.
You simply take that dotted, turquoise cover off the bed and there's a bed made up for you underneath it! Pillows in the closet.

So once I got checked in, Kerri and Drew and I met up with our friend Christin from Germany. We ate dinner at Simply Pasta near the off-Broadway theatre at which we saw a play written by Christopher Marlowe but adapted by another man who... well he really updated it. It was well acted and fun to be in such a tiny theatre in NYC but let's leave it at that because it was a little bit R-rated....
Some things we saw in the area:


The next morning we went to breakfast a block or so from The Pod. I checked out and hauled my luggage with me to the Ground Zero.


Aside from this main area, seen above, there's a museum. We didn't realize that, so we didn't go to it. We ended up pleased we didn't -- we heard it's pretty hard core in there. Pieces of the airplanes, etc. Instead, if you walk along the street where the buildings once stood, you can get little peaks into the wreckage and rebuilding area through holes in the canvases that otherwise block your view.


From there, we headed out to Brooklyn, where I'd be staying the rest of the weekend.


4 comments:
Glad to hear the Pod was OK for you - I'd heard a so-so review from someone else, so I'll take yours instead! Really like the mirrors photo!
You paid less than a hundred bucks for the Pod? :pout: Oh well, higher prices come with emergency bookings... And all in all, did you still like the play? (Asks a worried Christin because she suggested it... :blushing:)
And :w00t:--now you have a blog! :smooch:
You paid more? That's too bad. Mine was $115 with taxes and what not.
But yeah, I really did like the play. I really did. Especially that Mortimer. And Gaveston. What's wrong with me?! :) I just didn't describe it in any more detail because my family members are reading this too and I think they'd say "too much information!" Hahaha.
I paid $139 per night, tax included. Oh well, at least I had a roof over my head. :lol: And it was still a lot more affordable than some other places in Manhattan...
Oh, I'm glad then. :relieved: And yeah, lots of details there. :lol:
Post a Comment