1.09.2008

366 Photos #1 - #5

#1: 312 - Graffiti, taken 1.06.2008

I have a good graffiti picture posted in the blog in the Brooklyn and Back post, but this one has a more interesting story, though it's not more interesting to look at.
Photobucket

We were walking down the street, around Soho and the West Village, and I saw this and just laughed. You know me and my fondness for childlike insults (poop head, nerd face, remember Geek Burger from Full House?). So I laugh and insist on making sure I can get a good shot of this. I then thought... uh oh, what if this is some sort of euphemism for something? Derogatory slang maybe? So we googled it when we got back to Brooklyn. You can see for yourself here .

#2: 330 - Cobbles, taken 1.06.2008

Cobblestone in Soho.
Photobucket

#3: 319 - Hand, taken 1.05.2008

The hand tree simply can't NOT be a part of my 366. Here's a different version.
Photobucket

#4: 223 - Reflections, taken 1.04.2008
Photobucket

#5: 282 - Monument, taken 1.05.2008

Just a different take of the Memorial Arch at Grand Army Plaza. It took a while to get to a place where you could take a shot without traffic and stop lights and what not in the way. But then the tree lit up and so I like the blue with the red stop lights here.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Christin said...

I love the hand tree. :lovely: I wish I had seen it. And the picture of Grand Army Plaza with the arc, the blue tree and the red lights is great! :passout:

Ryan said...

It reminds me of the Brandenburg Gate.

Dogeared said...

I'm going to have to look out for some good grafitti - might have to be on a trip to London I think ;-)