Okay, we're gonna have to see what Helen says about this one. Haha. Since she came up with the altered 366 (the list by the Original 366 Girls linked below is different), I've asked her what she meant by a couple themes and found out accidentally in other cases (like fancy dress, if I remember correctly). I never asked about this one because when I first googled it, several pages/images of costume jewelry (big, gaudy, fake stones) came up. So I had this image of, like, homemade costume jewelry for the theme.
When I googled again tonight, Christmas ornaments came up. Oops.
But I took this photo specifically because the big stones struck me as "bauble"-y. I think bauble is supposed to refer to a decorative trinket that has little value except to be showy (like a Christmas ornament -- you can't do anything else with them, really). And this little fish decoration is just that -- a decoration with some jewel-y looking pieces in it. It's more useful than a Christmas ornament but still.
It'll be fun to see if Helen's definition of the word is much different from this. Haha.


1 comment:
Heh - I did mean it as in Christmas decorations, but your idea of decorative trinket is a good one :-) And your fishy decoration is very nice, I like it!
Post a Comment