While reading through some 12 of 12 posts, I found this little meme on this page. I don't know him, I just sometimes check out his 12 of 12s. Sounded like a fun way to procrastinate everything else I need to do.
So, cut and paste this into your own blog if you want. Bold the items that you've done!
1. Started your own blog. Well, duh.
2. Slept under the stars. - Technically no... I've only been under a tent and I wouldn't say that counts.
3. Played in a band. High school marching band, ftw!
4. Visited Hawaii. - Not yet. :(
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. - Not more than I can afford, really. I mean, I "had" the money to give so I guess I could afford it, huh?
7. Been to Disney World / Land. Disney World after I kind of won our family a trip there when I was in 7th grade because I heard a particular song on the radio, told my mom, and she called in and was the 7th caller!
8. Climbed a mountain. - Well, not to the top... so I guess no.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. Yep, I had a couple solo pieces during a couple of quartet pieces I sang with some friends in high school (during a couple church services and a talent show for a state choir trip) and I believe I did a full solo piece twice in high school too (once on a mission trip and once in church).
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris. - I WISH!!!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. - I watched a volcano doing some erupting while at sea with my mom. I think that should count. I will italicize instead.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. Just once.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. - I don't think I ever have.
24. Built a snow fort. - I dunno if I ever built a fort specifically.
25. Held a lamb. - I have bottle fed a lamb, does that count?
26. Gone skinny dipping. But of course!
27. Run a Marathon. - Princess doesn't run.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. Two in the Caribbean!
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Been to Amish community. I've been in the car while driving to one and picking up food there, I believe.
36. Taught yourself a new language. - Never taught myself, no.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. There have been times in life when I had enough money to be truly satisfied, yes. These times were pre-graduate school (and pre-real adulthood)!
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. - I've gone rock climbing watching! ha.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.
41. Sung karaoke. Not solo.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. I wandered back from the strip in Fort Myers Beach to the hotel I was staying at by pretty much light of the moon only, yes. It was really fun! (I wasn't alone -- I tagged along on one of Ryan's work trips!) Everyone should do that sometime. I think I walked on the beach in San Juan, Puerto Rico, by moonlight too though, with my family and the McAbees. And I guess if a beach on the lake counts, then I'd have to say yes to that too -- I've been on beaches at night at Lake Texoma.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Snorkeling in Cozumel.
52. Kissed in the rain. - I guess not.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. HA! Yes, in Guthrie, Oklahoma during finals week second semester of freshmen year in college.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. This question is problematic. There's never "no" reason. There's always a reason. But for the sake of the game, yeah, I got flowers very randomly from a guy in high school.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. NO. The blood is mine. MINE. No one can have it. Unless you knock me out before telling me you're gonna take some.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check. Oops!
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. My oldest toy is my Sweetie Bear, who I got when I was 5ish or something while on vacation in Spooner, Wisconsin (I think). The bear has a music box and plays Favorite Things from The Sound of Music. Music box still works too -- they don't make 'em like they used to.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. A few times, yes!
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt. A teeny tiny one in 4th grade for Pioneer Day. We went to a one room school house and made a quilt to cover our coffee can lunch boxes. Hee.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job. - Well, possibly. I dunno if I was "fired" but the guy decided he didn't really need a research assistant anymore but he'd paid me for about a month and a half without giving me any work before he decided I was no longer needed so that doesn't seem like being fired.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone. Broke my wrist on the trampoline. Fractured my middle finger once and probably fractured a couple toes too.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. I dunno if it was "speeding." Define speeding.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Word, senior year in high school.
80. Published a book. - Not yet! ;)
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car. - I have been given a brand new car. I have not bought a brand new car though.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. - Hmmm, I don't think so.
85. Read the entire Bible. I'm quite sure I've read at least 90% of it and I declare that to count.
86. Visited the White House. Word. 6th/7th grade, I believe.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. - No, but I should. Not cuz I want to but everyone should see and know about this.
88. Had chickenpox. As a baby.
89. Saved someone’s life. I like to say that I rescued one of my youth minister's children from drowning in a hotel pool. He seriously couldn't touch the bottom, wasn't going anywhere, and had absolute fear in his eyes but no one around realized what was going on. I went to get him and took him to the stairs. He got out of the pool and.... I have no idea what happened after that.
90. Sat on a jury. - Nope, sat for jury duty but never actually got called up.
91. Met someone famous. Tori Amos. And I'm 4 degrees from Kevin Bacon. (3 if you don't count your own self in that.) Which means y'all are either 4 or 5 degrees from him!
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. Only the outside.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit. A class action one, yes. lol.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 366 Photos (360)
- Traveling (62)
- At Home (54)
- Yummy Stuff (53)
- Colorado (39)
- Oklahoma (36)
- Maddie Catty (34)
- Georgia (31)
- Okley-homa (28)
- Augusta (26)
- Sunday Six (23)
- U Guys R My Best Friends (23)
- The Fam (22)
- 12 of 12 (21)
- It's All in the Music (21)
- Dogheads (20)
- The People's Republic (17)
- At Work (16)
- Kitties (14)
- In with the Old Challenge (12)
- OMG Becky (10)
- Reggie (9)
- New York (6)
- An Academic Summer (5)
- Virtual Photowalk (5)
- Atlanta (3)
- OMGSNOW (3)
- About Me (2)
- Housecleaning (2)
- Those Dreams (2)
- Funny Stuff (1)
- Life. (1)
- The Children (1)
- Wedding (1)


4 comments:
Yay. I got a reference your blogz.
I got 64! Woo Hoo!
Ha! I didn't even think to count. I didn't do so hot with only 33 or 34.
Fun!
Post a Comment