So, Ticketmaster has been doing this thing recently where, in addition to giving you a free iTunes song or two with every ticket to something you buy through them, you get two coupons to McDonalds when your tickets arrive. So, I bought three tickets to Widespread Panic for next weekend and I am the proud new owner of 3 free Southern Style Chicken sandwiches and 3 free Southern Style Chicken Biscuit breakfast sandwiches. Got them weeks ago, still haven't cashed them in.
Today, I got some sort of "Yay, you're moving, here are some coupons for you" package in the mail. Guess what it had in there? Two more coupons for McDonalds. What will happen if I eat two McDonald's sandwiches everyday for 4 days? Well, probably not much but it's strange nonetheless.
Also, they expire on June 30th so... I'll be cashing these puppies in on my way to the shows at Red Rocks at some point, probably to feed our "runners." These are the people who stand in line ALL DAY LONG to wait for the venue to open so they can RUN in and lay down something on the seats (which are slabs of concrete and wood -- benches more than "seats") to save a place for you and however many people can fit on the object/material which you laid down to save space.
This year we're getting astroturf.
That's right. Screw blankets. Screw duct tape and giant tarps. We're rolling with astroturf. Princess is on 9am to 1pm "Line Duty" next Saturday morning. (Planned that way because I'd like to try to avoid that whole "running" thing when Red Rocks is involved.) Feel free to call me that day. I will be pouring water on myself and bored out of my skull, I'm sure. I'll have a friend, or two, with me but I dunno who yet. Suppose I'll meet some veeeeeery interesting people, though, being in line that early.
But before we get too excited about that, I have to finish a gigantic work project that is eating me alive. It's so close, I can taste it, but yet I've never been less motivated to work on it. Gotta finish it before I go to Pasadena to see Reggie Doo Bear and katy this weekend.
After Panic, Maddie and I pack up for Oklahoma. I'll be attempting to have a better 4th of July at Lake Texoma this year than I did in 2001. Don't ask, long story, involving asshole OU football players refusing to help us load our pontoon boat which almost sank because we put too much crap on it, getting a ticket for having one too many people and one too few lifevests by the lake patrol, running out of gas in the middle of the lake and waiting for hours for gas from our friends who went to get some in their speed boat but who couldn't come back because the idiot driving the thing broke my friend Robbie's ankle and leg with his careless driving -- TRUE STORY, and ending with Melanie and I conning a passerby into driving the two of us to shore in his boat, thus abandoning the pontoon and all the other people on it in the middle of the lake because they wouldn't help us pay for the life jacket ticket -- YES, WE ARE EVIL -- and watching fireworks from a beach while waiting for another friend to come retrieve us). ALL TRUE. Horrible but also one of my best stories.
Chances are incredibly, incredibly slim that that would happen again and I think it's a safe bet that the weekend after that, which will be spent in Mom and Dad's new lake house and on the boat of family friends, will absolutely NOT go down like that either.
;)
6.17.2008
Super Size Me (4 Days Worth)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 366 Photos (360)
- Traveling (62)
- At Home (54)
- Yummy Stuff (53)
- Colorado (39)
- Oklahoma (36)
- Maddie Catty (34)
- Georgia (31)
- Okley-homa (28)
- Augusta (26)
- Sunday Six (23)
- U Guys R My Best Friends (23)
- The Fam (22)
- 12 of 12 (21)
- It's All in the Music (21)
- Dogheads (20)
- The People's Republic (17)
- At Work (16)
- Kitties (14)
- In with the Old Challenge (12)
- OMG Becky (10)
- Reggie (9)
- New York (6)
- An Academic Summer (5)
- Virtual Photowalk (5)
- Atlanta (3)
- OMGSNOW (3)
- About Me (2)
- Housecleaning (2)
- Those Dreams (2)
- Funny Stuff (1)
- Life. (1)
- The Children (1)
- Wedding (1)


No comments:
Post a Comment