Get you a bowl and a whisk. Mix together 1tsp water, 1.5tsp lemon juice, .5 tsp salt, and 1 fresh egg yolk.
Get 1 cup of oil ready. I just used vegetable oil. Alton uses safflower oil. Olive oil generally makes it taste... like olive oil. Plus olive oil's more expensive and all that. You have to drizzle it in a drop or so at a time for the first... quarter cup or so, while you're whisking it. I used a tablespoon measure to drizzle the oil until it emulsified and then I switched over to the larger measuring cup.
Here it's come together:
Finished! Now go ice your wrist...
I mixed in a bit more salt, lemon juice, and about a tsp of white wine vinegar and then packaged it up.
This stuff begs for a BLT, here with yellow tomatoes.
Yum!








2 comments:
Who would know! Looks yummy!
these are awesome photos, Allison! they remind me of 101cookbooks.com, a site which totally got me started cooking in part because the recipes are great, but also because of the photos.
take more kitchen pics, k? :-)
Post a Comment