Hello there friends. Well, I've been absent (perhaps noticeably, perhaps not) for a bit of a long time, relatively speaking.
I've been taking the occasional photo but I've realized that I need to give myself some sort of a creative challenge in order to feel motivated to take photos. 366 did the trick last year but this year I became overwhelmed with work and ended up just taking pictures of random stuff, most of the time, to check the "post Sunday Six" off the to-do list, ya know?
I suppose that relates to my lack of 12 of 12 posts this year too.
Helen, though, recently decided she'd take off work on the 12th of most months so she can plan an adventure and work her 12 of 12 around that. Beautiful idea, Helen! Kerri is so good at doing this sort of thing too. She's always going to interesting little places around Atlanta and using those for her Atlanta Daily Photo blog or her 365 blog.
So, I'm feeling like I either ought to just post photos whenever I blog about an actual event in my life (going to visit family for the weekend, attending some sort of event, etc.) and then actually blog (write) about it too, or I need to have some sort of theme each week for Sunday Sixes.
Or maybe I just desperately need to get out more! ;)
Thankfully, I have four more days of summer class and can do that soon! I've been doing two classes four days a week and each class lasts 2 hours and 20 minutes for just about 5 weeks. It's actually been fun while I'm IN the classroom. Maybe the students like summer classes more, maybe it's because there isn't such a gap between classes and so you can roll along faster, maybe it's just because it's summer and some of them have already graduated so some pressure is off (for those who know they won't fail)... maybe it's because they're delirious, I dunno, but it's been fun. It's been mentally exhausting in the meantime though to be in the classroom that often. Our university doesn't cap how many classes students can take per session either -- I have some who are taking FOUR CLASSES just this session alone just so they can get done faster. "Slow down, everyone; you're moving too fast" (Jack Johnson).
Regardless, I'll be thinking about it and making some sort of a reappearance soon!
6.13.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- 366 Photos (360)
- Traveling (62)
- At Home (54)
- Yummy Stuff (53)
- Colorado (39)
- Oklahoma (36)
- Maddie Catty (34)
- Georgia (31)
- Okley-homa (28)
- Augusta (26)
- Sunday Six (23)
- U Guys R My Best Friends (23)
- The Fam (22)
- 12 of 12 (21)
- It's All in the Music (21)
- Dogheads (20)
- The People's Republic (17)
- At Work (16)
- Kitties (14)
- In with the Old Challenge (12)
- OMG Becky (10)
- Reggie (9)
- New York (6)
- An Academic Summer (5)
- Virtual Photowalk (5)
- Atlanta (3)
- OMGSNOW (3)
- About Me (2)
- Housecleaning (2)
- Those Dreams (2)
- Funny Stuff (1)
- Life. (1)
- The Children (1)
- Wedding (1)


No comments:
Post a Comment