4.13.2009

12 of 12: April

I'm back! My first 12 of the year, sadly.

I wasn't sure I'd do a 12 today because it was going to be a day of working ALOT at home. Yes, sacrilegious! I ended up venturing out because, horror of all horrors, there was no coffee here! This proved interesting because I live literally right next door to the Augusta National Golf Club where the final round of the Masters golf tournament was held today.

1.) Hill below my complex = Masters parking lot.
Photobucket

2.) Masters traffic.
Photobucket

3.) Most expensive day of parking ever, I'm pretty sure.
Photobucket

4.) This land exists solely for parking for Masters. Literally nothing else takes place on this land the other 51 weeks of the year.
Photobucket

5.) There are many entrances to the golf course but this is the pedestrian entrance, or something kooky like that.
Photobucket

6.) 45 minutes later, I'd acquired coffee. I take this picture because I actually had to get the house professionally cleaned so the landlords could come stay or rent it out for Masters week. (Yes, it sounds weird, but it's just what people do around here because you can make serious money. Oddly enough, even though I left for the week and got the place cleaned -- NO ONE CAME TO STAY HERE. Someone will be paying me back for the spectacular cleaning I paid for, I'll tell you that much right now.)
Photobucket

7.) A close-up of the stained glass piece hanging from my window. It was a graduation gift from my parents and they had it specially made! My dad chose the design.
Photobucket

8.) Grading.
Photobucket

9.) I could hear the Masters crowd from my apartment, so I figured I should tune into the TV coverage.
Photobucket

10.) Tiger's booty.
Photobucket

11.) Bandaid on the hand. I got in a few fights with the toaster oven at the vacation condo I stayed at but my sister's wedding is Saturday! Better try to rid myself of my burn marks. (That thing was like the Cornballer from Arrested Development, seriously.)
Photobucket

12.) Playing around with the camera -- these are Maddie Catty's eyeballs through one of the dining room table chairs.
Photobucket

Next 12 I'll be in airports headed to NYC and Connecticut! See ya!

7 comments:

Nan said...

Love the kitty eyes--are they really two different colors, or is that a trick of the light?

Sunny Archibald said...

That stained glass is gorgeous. How wonderful that your dad designed it. Lucky you, getting to stay in Savannah for a week. Love that town. Thanks for looking at my 12. Where are you from in Oklahoma? I've got a daughter in OKC, and my other daughter will be moving to Tulsa this summer.

Dogeared said...

I can understand about them renting places out for big money during the Masters - same thing happens with Wimbledon each summer. They even rent them out to the tennis players - could you imagine having say Pete Sampras or Roger Federer in your house?!?

And Maddie's eyes being different colours like that is a little freaky lol. Glad you got your caffeine though!

Allison said...

Ha! No, her eyes aren't different colors, so it's some strange trick of the light! I've got a few other pictures like this -- I can't figure out how it happens.

khowaga said...

That's too funny - my dad spent the entire Easter meal watching the Master's on TV, and here you're practically in the middle of it.

Growing up, we had friends who lived right on the course in Muirfield (Dublin, Ohio) who used to throw a 13th green party every year. I don't envy you the traffic, though!

Nice 12!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I miss being home for the Masters!! The best part of your photos is that you showed the view from the street right where my house used to be. The pedestrian entrance in picture 5. The house I lived in as a kid was directly across the street from that entrance. What's that, you say? There are no houses there? Yes, that's true, but only as of a couple of years ago. My house used to be right there! We parked cars in our yard every year for big bucks! Hope you enjoyed the traffic!

CoffeeDog said...

I like the kitty eyeballs too.

The Masters brings back fond memories of when I was stationed at Ft Gordon.