8.29.2008

366 Photos #241: Direction

Theme 224. Taken 08.24.2008 of a street sign in San Francisco. I took this for "End" but, oops, I already have a photo for end. Forgot about that. Well, it's goin in here anyway and the "end" part does provide direction, as it's the end of the street. I guess. I mean, why else would it be on there? I've never seen something like this before so who knows.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Christin said...

Huh. Leidesdorff sounds oddly German... :ponder:

Allison said...

It is! Turns out the street is named after a man of this name who was one of the first to settle San Francisco. The Declaration of Independence was read for the first time in California in his house. I dunno why they'd read the Declaration...

Anyway, his mother was Caribbean but his father was Danish, from a city that was in an area that maybe was once part of Germany or something like that. How funny!