4.26.2008

366 Photos #103: Coins

The Wyoming and Georgia quarters, with the South Carolina quarter partially hidden below them. Oops, I spent the Oklahoma quarter I'd been saving to take a picture of too. Doh. My old camera would have NEVER been able to come up with this great a shot.

Theme 77. Taken 04.26.2008.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Dogeared said...

See you have different coins, with the states on and that's cool - we don't have that here in the UK! I mean there are a few 50 pence coins with different designs on, but they're to commemorate certain events, not areas. And the £1 coins have different mottos engraved around the rim...

Nice photo too - I see you're finding out all the camera's tricks! Was this the macro setting?

Allison said...

Yep! That's macro. I tried for a long time to take a good one with my old camera, a few days before it died, but I just couldn't ever get the words clear AND the lighting correct at the same time. It was always either-or.

Anyway, they started doing like 5 state quarters per year back in 2000 or something. So, Oklahoma was one of the last states (in 1907) so there aren't a whole lot left to make quarters of. Then they'll never make them again. So, they're collectibles but I could never manage to save the ones I collected. Haha.